Monday, July 18

#22 & 23 with 60kms on the bike in between

Friday was a big big lunchtime run. The usual ports stuff with Goo & Laka, including all the wharves. Then Goo left it at the edge of the city while the two of us went over the Harbour Bridge, under it on the other side and back again. In true Aussie rules-enforcement stylee - the bored-shitless-security guard stopped us in our stride as we running on the cycle lane. Clearly we were a big danger to the integrity of the bridge structure - either that or the sole cyclist who crossed the bridge as we did. Or maybe I should be kinder - he was probably just after conversation, bored looking out for Al Queda.

This 13kms run was painful. The most painful yet. I got back and my legs hurt lots. Odd given I had run the same distance once before on hillier terrain (yet slower last time). I;ve just looked up an old blog-entry to see me promising a 2.5hr run a few weekends back. Still not near that target. But I've just signed Laka up to run to the zoo with me on Friday lunch - that's about 18kms total I think.

The chart's looking a bit better - if I include the 60km cycle (at quarter of the distance to convert to running), then I managed 42kms last week. The "plan" line and the "reality" line are at least now starting to move closer together, even if they're still 20km apart!

Then there was the cycling on Sat am - me & J, Bellevue Hill, La Perouse along the Anzac and back to do a couple of laps in Centennial. I was tired - remember I'd done that painful 13kms only the day before. But it was nice - the best bit being vegemite (I do long for the real thing though) and toast and coffee at miserable-ladies' cafe at La Perouse.

Then I made up for all my good work with a UK-stylee big night out. A 30th followed by a party in a pub and a late night. So no gentle Sunday jogs - but a massage instead. Which got my sinuses going crazy - felt good on the bones - but I spent the next 2 hours sneezing and sniffling.

So that brings me onto today - not feeling exactly on top of the world. Missing K as well - she's been away now for 4 days. But A dragged me out for 6.5kms of the usual. In the sun - it's mid-winter now - but beautiful weather

1 Comments:

At 7/20/2005 04:52:00 pm, Blogger CJ said...

I'm interested in reading your progress to the Sydney marathon - I'm also planning on running it. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home