Thursday, June 16

#13 - Australia vs the UK: Running vs Drinking

That's one of the big differences: Over here, ie Sydney, I'd guess that most of our office goes running or to the gym at some point during the week. There's no shortage of people to go for a lunchtime runabout with. I had never, ever, run at lunchtime before moving over here. I know that gym membership's a big thing in Blighty, but there's not so much a widespread culture of fitness. Equally and opposite there's not so much of a quick pint at lunchtime or after the office culture over here. In the park in Sydney of a lunchtime there are numerous clusters of people with personal/group trainers, and there's even "Pain in the Domain" where tens of people subject themselves to, well, pain in the Domain. That's one I'll have a go at next week I think.

So today was out with A (first time), and another variation on the Domain/Opera House route. I finished sweatier, we included up/down/up/down the steps broken up with 10 press-ups and the pace was faster. A led the route and the pace and as a result I pushed myself more than any other day this week.

It's all getting easier - to think not long ago I'd struggle just to plain run.

Almost enjoyable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home