Wednesday, June 29

#17 Not much running, but learning to snowboard instead

First run yesterday after 5 days off - my main excuse for the break was a weekend learning to snowboard after which I couldn't contemplate exercise for a couple of days. The boarding was good - not as fun as if I'd skied cos I spent most of the weekend on my arse, but me & K picked it up from never having been before - to being able to haphazardly make our way down the mountain, on green runs from top to bottom, by Sunday afternoon. All good practice for the real thing (kite action).

So yesterday's run was a long one with A - longest lunch run yet. About 10km I reckon.

My route around the ports but with extras: Up to the Hyde Park war memorial and back down to Mrs Mac's Chair, the Opera House, the ports including four of the wharves (last time I did only one), up Hickson Rd and back through the CBD. Had a bit of a twinge in the knee at about half way but nothing that would stop me.

Went back to Clare the physio today. Some improvement since last week but no miracles. My knee still twists inwards when I bend it and the hip still grinds. I left with new exercises to strengthen my gluts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home