Sunday, July 24

#25 - Back into the training - by swimming

6km run and 20 lengths at 50m a pop, adding up to a whopping 1km. Lachy and I ran over the bridge from the CBD to North Sydney pool. A great idea if I do say so... Bit o' fitness, but with less pounding on the knees and the weary joints than pure running.

It's $4.90 (2 quid) to swim in the open air on a fine 23 degrees sunny day. The water was plenty warm enough though not great to taste (salty and heavy chlorine). No crowds and plenty of space. Excellent.

Last week was poor but I'm right back into it this bright cheery Monday. Kt was back today as well which feels good, lovely to see her. I surprised her by meeting her at the airport. I had to wait an hour as there were 3 planes arriving from Bangkok at "6ish" and I wasn't sure which one she was on. It's not a cheap decision - the people who make the Australian Tax Office look charitable charged me 18 dollars to park for 70 minutes. B'stards.

I'm gonna start focusing on food and yoga as well as just the running. So no more big greasy creamy meaty pastas for lunch! And no more lashings of butter with my raisin toast/full fat cappuccino brekkie. That'd be a good start. See what's disappointing in a vain kinda way is that despite having run 216km in the last 9 weeks my belly still looks very beery, and I haven't even been drinking that many beers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home