Sunday, June 5

#7 - Knocked a minute off my home to work run

I knocked a good minute off the home-work run, doing the 7.5km in 41mins. I rounded a few corners on the way though, so it's probably more a result of better route planning, rather than faster running.

Despite having two drinking nights since Liverpool/AC Milan (Saturday and last Wednesday) I have held at bay the temptation for the odd cigarette, and quite pleased with that. I'm feeling remarkably well, probably because of the lack of drinking and zero nicotine. Some people I've spoken to didn't drink for months leading to the marathon - while others who did the London recently didn't let the training get in the way of the odd big night out. I'm simply gonna avoid that glass of wine at home temptation and have been refusing K's offers. As I discovered on Sunday morning, having not even had one cig means that your hangover is about quarter as bad as it was in the old days.

I think A from work is going to join in the fun, he did one training run last week though hasn't appeared totally committal so far. But maybe he's just less fazed by it having done a fair bit of running in his youth and university days (unlike me). I think today we're gonna have to get those credit cards out and sign on the dotted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home