Tuesday, June 14

#10 - Cracking 4wd action but not much running

Uh oh, the effort's slipping. Short run today - 5km with no gimmicks and didn't feel very good. Short of breath etc.

Spent four days away from town over the long weekend and didn't run a single metre. So my plan is looking a bit wrecked. Last week was supposed to include 46km in total, I managed a mere 13. Can't be doing too much of this or this whole marathon thing is going to drift away from me.

But I did have a cracking weekend. Put the van thru its paces - taking a 100km 4wd-only track from Orange to Mudgee. Awesome. Had to drive down a big cliff and through a river. Camped out in the rain & mist for a few days. Drank 7 different Shirazes in 7 different vineyards in Mudgee. And went horse riding in the Megalong Valley up by the Blue Mountains, K putting me to shame. Top rainy weekend, but my knees did get a rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home