Sunday, May 29

#2 - Train in the rain Ireland

The second day of my training took me to West Ireland. Or rather I was in Ireland on hols, and decided that was no excuse not to get the training moving forwards.

Rocked up in Galway early evening so I decided to squeeze a run in before dinner. It was pissing down of course and we were in the centre of town but that didn't stop me, though I had second thoughts a dozen times.

Starting at Eyre Square I was to run down via the docks over the river, around the old harbours, back over a different bridge through town and return to the hotel. A funny run - in Australia there's many people running around, while in Galway I was certainly the only one willing to leave my Guinness for a while and get wet.

Nut a good start running wise - I feel unfit. I ran for 18 minutes and felt totally whacked. Very different to cycling - where I can go on for hours. I'll check the no. kms but can't be many.

(Subesquently checked and looks like 3 or 4 kms on the map)


Galway in the rain - keen audience

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home