Saturday, June 4

Eating

Yesterday was Saturday. I'm not sure about the training schedules that put all the pain on to the weekend. So after 4 continuous days of running I took yesterday off.

Dabbled at pretend-surfing at Maroubra in the morning and spent most of the rest of the day eating.

I've decided to give my "pragmatic" vegetarianism a break til Marathon-Day, so it was an afternoon cum evening of BBQed lamb sausages, beef sausages, pork ribs, followed by curried "sexy" duck and lamb rack.

I have of course been telling everyone about my new marathon adventure. I get a variety of reactions with one thing in common - everyone has tips & advice. Which is great. I was told last night over beers at the Golden Sheaf that my $25 K-mart trainers are just not gonna do my body any good. I'm to spend $300 on some Asics. OK. But what's more I'm to buy new ones very 200 miles! Bloody hell.

And there's more: I need to make sure I practice running on Nurofen & paracetemol before the big day in case I need to pop a few and don't want my body to react too badly (ie not throw up). And in the same vain - to find out what energy drink they're gonna give us on the day and do likewise to avoid bad reactions in the public domain in the form of sticky brown sludge running down the back of my leg. Agggh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home