Monday, May 30

#3 - 1st decent run, 10km in 42 mins

103 days/14 weeks to go. Back in Sydney.

Today was the third training session, and the first decent run. Last night I slept for about 11 hours (jetlag) and woke feeling shit. Lots of phlegm and aches. Anyway - I'd decided I was to run to work today, to give me a benchmark for what I can do in training and to see if that's a viable way of getting the training runs in.

It's about 10km and I am feeling very pleased with myself right now - having managed it in 42 mins 31 secs. Especially given that before today the longest run I'd ever done was the Nike 10km fun run last October - and that took me 58 mins. The photo at the bottom is me last October.

The home-work run starts painfully, gaining height from Tamarama up to Bondi Junction. I did 9min 30 secs to the lights at the top of Bondi Rd. The next marker was Student Flights on Oxford St - 33 mins 30 secs. By that point the end was in sight and I started to feel pretty good - Oxford St is gently down hill for about 5kms so that probably helped with stimulate the elation.

I had no brekkie before I left - just 2 glasses of fruit juice, and no water while I ran to see if I could. Seems OK. Only problem is that my legs are bloody killing - especially my knees. The soles of my feet are also sore. While my hams are very tight - I couldn't touch my toes after the run despite 30 secs of stetching per leg.


Me and Z in the Nike fun run

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home