Tuesday, August 30

#32-33 - Only 12 days to go

What a disaster the last few weeks have been. Work has totally screwed up my training. I did the City2Surf and hardly move a limb for three days. I eventually mustered up 500 metres in the Cook & Phillip pool on the Wednesday. Then 1km on the Fri. And kitesurfing the Saturday. And about 400m on the Sunday.

Then #32 - the biggish run the Monday lunch time - I ran part of the marathon course - about 1.5hrs worth. Wow that hurt me a lot. So much so I didn't run again for six days. I was also working 14 hour days - up to 18 hours on two days of the last 14. FK - why do I do it to myself. Well the busy few weeks are over as of today so hopefully I can kick back for a week? Can but dream.

So I made it to Sunday alive, having fallen asleep at 8pm on Friday night. So Sunday I just had to get a decent run in before starting the wind-down 2 weeks. Laden with irony given that it's not hard to wind down from the training schedule I never quite managed to achieve. Anyway K came with me on the bike which was nice. Gave me the impetus to make it a decent run. I did 2hrs 10mins inthe end, along the Cook River cycle path. Not a bad bike ride path. As for running, I was not tired after the time but my legs were bloody well killing. So I stopped and cycled the bike back - giving K a backie.

As I say, 12 days to go....

2 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 04:17:00 am, Blogger CJ said...

Sorry to hear that your training has not been going to plan - funny how life gets in the way. I'm forcibly tapering because I've been hit with the dreaded lurgy, or something, and feel like absolute crap. Fingers crossed we'll both get to the line on Sunday Sept 11 and have a great marathon.

 
At 9/04/2005 09:44:00 pm, Blogger Fat Chicken said...

Good luck for Sunday!

I'll be in canary yellow "nike" top - withy my name on the front! (one of the tidbits of advice I've been given along the way)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home